It is crazy to think that I can't keep a houseplant alive to save my life but I've successfully kept my kid alive for over 6 months now. It probably helps that she doesn't need to photosynthesize. That seems to be the problem with my plants since my husband hates having the blinds open.
Anyway, shortly before her 6 month checkup, Saria decided it would be fun to scratch her eye. Not the area around her eye, her eyeball. The only thing I can figure is she had an eyelash stuck in it and tried to claw it out. I took her to the urgent care as a precaution because it was about a 1/2" gash and it had some depth to it. Basically they didn't even spend any time looking at it and said they didn't see anything. I had to hold her eye open and tell them to look at it in the light. "Oh yeah, she scratched herself pretty good, didn't she?". Um, yeah she did. That's kind of why we are here. In the end they sent us home and said to come back if it got infected. Uh, no thanks. I'll go to her pediatrician, jerks. They weren't even nice and didn't read her chart at all. They came in thinking I had scratched my eye. Sorry, but do I look like I was born 6 months ago? Didn't think so. She ended up being fine and it healed up nicely.
She had her 6 month check up and her doctor was impressed with her weight gain. She weighed 17 lbs, 7 oz (75th percentile) and was 26.25" long (50th percentile). She had her 4 vaccines and she stopped breathing at the start of the shots and didn't take another breath until the end. The nurse actually said "Um, she needs to breathe." She's almost sitting up by herself and here lately she's been getting up on her hands and knees and rocking back and forth. She scoots in inches right now too. Her main mode of transportation is rolling, which she is a pro at. She loves playing with her toys and yelling at the cats.
I'll post a picture overload in the next post. You know, since she's 7 months old today. Geesh, I'm behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment